In vitro overlay for gametes and zygotes
Some procedures for IVF and ICSI use an oil overlay to protect small volumes of culture medium from evaporation in the incubator and to help dampen the effects of sudden changes in temperature, gas saturation, and pH. Likewise, gamete manipulation under the microscope requires the gametes to be held in small drops of medium under oil, to maintain a constant environment within the culture medium.
- In vitro overlay for gametes and zygotes.
- Maintain a constant environment within the culture medium.
Nidacon offers you NidOil, a paraffin oil product designed with gametes and embryos in mind. The oil is neither sticky nor too viscous, to facilitate pipetting, but is sufficiently viscous to prevent movement of the drops of media around the culture dish.
- There have been several reports of paraffin oils becoming embryo-toxic after exposure to light on the laboratory bench. As a precaution against any light-induced changes, NidOil is supplied in amber, screw-top bottles.
- Density: 0.82 – 0.88g/mL.
- Endotoxin levels: <0.100 EU/mL.
- Oil, bottles and stoppers are M.E.A. tested.
Storage and Stability
- Store at 2 to 27º Celsius and avoid temperatures above or below these values. Under these conditions, NidOil has a shelf-life of 24 months. The expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
- Open and close bottles under aseptic conditions. After opening store at 2 to 8º Celsius when not in use. Shelf-life on the product label applies when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added by the manufacturer.
Precautions and Warnings
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- Do not reuse the product because of contamination risk.
- Clean accidental spills using a dampened cloth or paper. NidOil causes floors and benches to be extremely slippery.
NidOil is combustible and should not be used in proximity of an open flame. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer.
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken.
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
SDS – View PDF
Product insert (latest version) – View PDF
Leaflet – View PDF
|Mfr. No. NO-100
||NidOil / 100 mL
|Mfr. No. NO-400K
||NidOil / 4 x 100 mL