PureSperm 40/80/90 Gradient
Ready-diluted to save gradient preparation time.
All the advantages of a PureSperm 100 gradient, plus ready-diluted to save preparation time. PureSperm 40, PureSperm 80 in both 100mL & 20mL and PureSperm 90 in 100mL, are formulated to minimize sudden pH and osmolarity changes during the transition of sperm from the semen sample to the fertilization medium. This helps to avoid premature hyperactivation and improves fertilization potential.
- PureSperm 40, PureSperm 80 and PureSperm 90 are formulated to minimize sudden pH and osmolarity changes during the transition of sperm from a semen sample to the fertilization medium. This helps to avoid premature hyperactivation and improves fertilization potential.
- PureSperm 40, PureSperm 80 and PureSperm 90 maintain pH between 7.4 – 7.8 at room temperature and at 37°C, providing suitable conditions for good sperm motility, survival time, and fertilization potential.
- The preparation contains glucose as a usable energy substrate for normal cell metabolism and sperm function.
- The gradient enables motile sperm to be separated from extraneous cells and seminal plasma. In addition, damage to sperm DNA and structural molecules caused by reactive oxygen species (ROS) is minimized by the effective removal of immature sperm and lymphocytes. Bacteria, epithelial cells, and cell debris are also separated from the motile sperm, which can be difficult to achieve in polysucrose-based gradient preparations.
- Silane-coated silica
- Potassium chloride
- Sodium chloride
- Purified water
- Sodium pyruvate
- Calcium chloride
- pH: 7.4 – 7.8.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg H2O) : 300 – 310.
- Endotoxin transfer during treatment : <1.0 EU/mL.
- Sperm survival 18 hours after density gradient separation: >70%.
- Contents are tested by human sperm survival.
- Bottles and stoppers are M.E.A. tested.
Storage and Stability
- Store unopened bottles at 2 to 27ºC and avoid temperatures above or below these values. Under these conditions PureSperm 40, PureSperm 80 and PureSperm 90 have a shelf-life of 24 months. The expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
- Open and close bottles under aseptic conditions. After opening, store at 2 to 8ºC when not in use. Shelf-life on the product label applies when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added by the manufacturer to PureSperm 40, PureSperm 80 and PureSperm 90.
Precautions and Warnings
- When retrieving the sperm pellet, follow the instructions given in the pack insert to avoid inadvertent contamination.
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- If available, use sealed centrifuge buckets during centrifugation to avoid creation of aerosols.
- Clean accidental spills using a dampened cloth or paper.PureSperm 40, PureSperm 80 and PureSperm 90 cause floors and benches to be extremely slippery.
- PureSperm 40, PureSperm 80 and PureSperm 90 do not represent any kind of fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer(see nidacon.com).
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken.
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
Recommendations for Viscous Samples
It can be extremely difficult to obtain a high yield of motile sperm from highly viscous, semen samples. Nidacon has developed a method that can be helpful in solving this problem in the lab. You simply add PureSperm Buffer to the ejaculate, incubate for 15-30 minutes at 37°C and the sample is ready to use with reduced viscosity. Importantly, this will give you a much higher yield of motile sperm.
For sperm preparation from a viscous semen sample:
1. Bring all solutions to room temperature.
2. Measure the volume of the semen sample.
3. Dilute 1+2 , 1 part PureSperm Buffer and 2 parts semen sample
(e.g. 0.5 ml PureSperm Buffer + 1.0 ml semen sample).
4. Incubate at 37°C for 15-30 minutes.
5. Mix using a pipette.
6. Ready for sperm preparation on a density gradient.
SDS – View PDF
Product insert (latest version) – View PDF 40/80 or View PDF 90
Leaflet – View PDF
|Mfr. No. PSK-020||PureSperm 40/80 / 2 × 20 mL|
|Mfr. No. PS40-100||PureSperm 40 / 100 mL|
|Mfr. No. PS80-100||PureSperm 80 / 100 mL|
|Mfr. No. PS90-100||PureSperm 90 / 100 mL (Not available in Europe)|