ART Compass - Infertility Lab Management
ART Compass is a highly innovative IVF patient management system and the first to deliver artificial intelligence systems at the point of care. It is an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) industry platform that puts physicians, administrators, and lab staff on the “same page” as their patients.
Keep your LQMS pointed in the right direction with our precision laboratory information navigation system.
ART Compass documents in vitro fertilization (IVF) staff's clinical decision-making, streamlines reporting, automates data analysis, and makes critical information available to all stakeholders.
Clinics are required to submit documentation to multiple agencies. Being out of compliance has detrimental impacts, but managing compliance across so many stakeholders is a nightmare.
Patient IVF cycles, inventory, metadata, metrics, outcomes, and statistics are decentralized. Costly mistakes are made trying to integrate massive amounts of data across incompatible systems.
Clinic administrators have no big-picture overview of metrics to drive improvements. Without this critical data, it’s impossible to prioritize investments to improve returns.
Finally, with ART Compass, you have the guidance you need to make informed decisions.
Staff competency is a crucial component of the IVF laboratory quality management system because it impacts clinical outcomes and informs the key performance indicators (KPIs) used to continuously monitor and assess culture conditions . Contemporary quality control and assurance methods in the IVF lab automate data collection, storage, retrieval, and analysis  and strive to elevate quality control beyond cursory monthly review. Statistical KPI monitoring systems can provide systemic, early detection of adverse outcomes and identify clinically relevant shifts in pregnancy rates . ART Compass is a HIPAA compliant mobile application (www.artcompass.io) to assess the clinical decision making of ART laboratory staff, track new staff competency during employee on-boarding, and annually thereafter, and provide statistics for staff-related IVF cycle parameters.
- Complete customization for your IVF Practice, full support during practice set up, and complimentary training for staff.
- Over 80 competency assessment modules for sperm and embryo morphology, quality, viability and common clinical decision timepoints. 
- Track each cycle: IVF, “TBR”, FET, ET. Deliver PGT results to MDs, Patients and administrators.
- Statistical process controls are provided for the KPIs defined by the Vienna Consensus for monitoring fresh IVF and ICSI cycles .
- New staff on-boarding documents the success rates and numbers of procedures performed during the on-boarding period. ART Compass provides documentation of for LQMS records.
- New procedure training documents `introduction to the procedure, 6 month and annual proficiency.
- Annual procedure evaluations document: Observation of Performance, Test Report Completion, QC/PT/PM Records, Instrument Maintenance, Peer Assessment, Problem Solving, and Ability to Supervise.
- Flexible form builder allows you to create any QC/QA form, assign it to staff members to see or fill out, and more.
- Create lists of reagents and quality events. Accept reagents into the lab stock (date received, lot number, expiration date), put them in to use, and expire them. Search for all patients in a time period, or by patient ID to generate lists of reagents in use or quality events. Use the phone camera to image the certificate of analysis, the condition of the box, serial number on gas tanks, etc.
- Documentation of basic lab skills, PPE, biohazard, color vision and more.
- Continuing Education
- Access to functional modules and information is based on the role of the user:
- Administrator (HR functions, practice-wide statistics, current and past patient cycle data),
- Lab director (all quality management functions, practice wide and staff statistics),
- Technologist (Personal statistics, competency assessments and annual procedure documentation),
- MD (patients and cycle statistics),
- Patient (personal cycles).
- Role-based user accounts
- iOS Mobile Application
- Android Mobile Application
- Web-Based backend for IVF lab.
- Image based and multiple choice competencies
- “Visual” Cryostorage Inventory
- Laboratory and Clinical Statistics
- Reagents tracking
- Flexible QA/QC form builder
ROLE BASED USER ACCOUNTS
Director: Initiate practice set-up, view all staff in a single dashboard, customize buttons or images for competency assessments, link reporting to various agencies, access, record and report pregnancy outcome data from web-based console or mobile app, track reagents and image certificates of analysis, create and add QC/QA reports and forms for staff members.
Technologist: Register under a laboratory director and practice, access assessments, receive and respond to messages via inbox, track procedures and success rates during training or on-boarding, compare assessment scores to technologists worldwide, view graphs and statistics for in-cycle parameters, record IVF cycle data for patients, report PGT results, track reagents in stock and in use.
Administrator: Human resource functions to control data during hiring and resignation periods, view and filter IVF practice statistics, view current and past patients and cycle data.
MD: Single dashboard for current and past patients. View any image data (ultrasounds, eggs, cleavage stage embryos, etc), cryostorage inventory, PGT results, patient reports. Pregnancy outcome-related statistics.
Patient: View cryostorage inventory, PGT results, image data and reports.
Easy to Use - Friendly Mobile Interface
Option 1 - Free
- Full Customization of Embryology and Andrology Competency Assessments
- Annual Procedure Evaluation Forms
- Continuing Education
- Color Vision Assessment
- Web-Based Backend
- Reagents “In Use” Module
Premium: $500 MD/Month*
- Free Tier +
- Training and New Staff Stats
- Visual Tissue Inventory
- Personal and Practice Statistics
- Custom Forms
- Patient and MD Portal
*One Time On-Boarding Fee Applies
Enterprise- Custom Pricing to Scale*
- Premium Tier +
- Custom EMR Integration
- Cryostorage Archive
- Automated Reporting to SART or CDC
- Custom Database Builds
- On Site Practice On-boarding
*Monthly Recurring Premium Fee Applies
- REST API for hardware and software integration
- HIPAA compliant laravel framework
- MySQL database
- Passport authentication, bio-metric log in, and password and data encryption.
- Healthcare integration standards (X12, DICOM) and HIPAA compliance.
- Amazon S3 servers
- The ART Compass Mobile Application does not certify competency, but rather maintains records of competency surveys and stores related information. The individual practice must still interpret the collected data with respect to their own policies and procedures, and report the data to various regulatory agencies.
- Downloading and installing the app constitutes an agreement that limits the liability of ART Compass by requiring the user to indemnify and hold harmless all principal investigators, advisors, investors, trustees, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any loss, expense, liability, damage, claim (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), for shutdown time, system crashes, or failing to fully meet a user’s expectations.
- The limited liability clause states: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall ART COMPASS parties be liable to you and prohibits any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from your access or (I) use of the site or applications (II) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (III) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the site or applications, (IV) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information and / or financial information stored therein, (V)any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our servers, (VI) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or the like, which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party, (VII) any loss of your data or content from the site or applications (VIII) any errors or omissions in any data or content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result or use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the site or applications whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not the ART COMPASS parties are advised of the possibility of such damages and/or disclosure of information pursuant to these.
- A Business Associate Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered into as of the download date the “Effective Date”, by and between HIPAA Covered Entity (“Covered Entity”) and A.R.T Applications, LLC, (“Business Associate”).
- Mortimer and Mortimer, 2005, Quality and Risk Management in the IVF Laboratory. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK; 2005
- Palmer et al., A comparison among 36 assisted reproduction laboratories monitoring the environmental conditions and instrument parameters using the same quality control application. Reproductive BioMedicine Online, Volume 39, Issue 1, July 2019, Pages 63-74
- Elizabeth R Hammond, Dean E Morbeck, January 2019, Tracking quality: can embryology key performance indicators be used to identify clinically relevant shifts in pregnancy rate? Human Reproduction, Volume 34, Issue 1, Pages 37–43.
- Development of a mobile competency assessment platform for IVF laboratory quality management systems. Curchoe, CL., Geka, A., Bormann, CL. Foundation for Reproductive Medicine Conference, 2018.
- The Vienna consensus: report of an expert meeting on the development of art laboratory performance indicators. ESHRE Special Interest Group of Embryology, Alpha Scientists in Reproductive Medicine Author Notes, Human Reproduction Open, Volume 2017, Issue 2, 2017