Maximize sperm survival during density gradient centrifugation.
PureSperm Buffer is designed specifically for two functions; first as a balanced salt solution for diluting PureSperm 100 to make up two layers of different densities for the gradient, and secondly, to reduce viscosity in the semen sample. The formula of PureSperm Buffer is optimized for maximum sperm survival and greatest yield during density gradient centrifugation.
PureSperm Buffer is a sterile, isotonic, salt solution. It is optimised for the dilution of PureSperm 100 in the preparation of density gradients for the separation and purification of human sperm in ART. This gradient system effectively separates normal sperm from lymphocytes, epithelial cells, abnormal, immature and senescent sperm, cell debris, bacteria and seminal fluid.
Why Use PureSperm Buffer?
- Now you can select the density layers they want to use, in any combination.
- The same solution can be used to reduce viscosity in the semen sample.
- Sodium chloride
- Sodium citrate
- Potassium chloride
- Calcium lactate
- Sodium pyruvate
- Purified water
- pH: 7.4-7.8.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg H2O): 300-310.
- Endotoxin levels: <1.0 EU/mL.
- Human sperm survival 18 hours after density gradient separation: >70%.
- Contents are tested by human sperm survival.
- Bottles and stoppers are M.E.A. tested.
Storage and Stability
- Store unopened bottles at 2 to 27ºC and avoid temperatures above or below these values. Under these conditions PureSperm Buffer has a shelf-life of 24 months. The expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
- Open and close bottles under aseptic conditions. After opening, store at 2 to 8ºC when not in use. Shelf-life on the product label applies when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added by the manufacturer to PureSperm Buffer.
Precautions and Warnings
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- If available, use sealed centrifuge buckets during centrifugation to avoid creation of aerosols.
PureSperm Buffer does not represent any fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer.
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken.
- Do not re-use
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
Prepare two PureSperm gradients for each semen sample. This reduces the risk of overloading a single gradient, provides security when handling tubes or recovering sperm pellets, and provides two tubes to balance the centrifuge rotor.
Recommendations for a Viscous Sample
It can be extremely difficult to obtain a high yield from motile sperm from highly viscous semen samples. Nidacon has developed a method that could be helpful to you in the lab. You simply add PureSperm Buffer to the ejaculate, incubate at 37°C for 15-30 minutes and the sample is ready to use. This will give you a much higher proportion of motile sperm.
For sperm preparation from a viscous semen sample:
1. Bring all solutions to room temperature.
2. Measure the volume of the semen sample.
3. Dilute 1+3 , 1 part PureSperm Buffer and 3 parts semen sample
(e.g. 0.5 ml PureSperm Buffer + 1.5 ml semen sample).
4. Incubate at 37°C for 15-30 minutes.
5. Mix using a pipette.
6. Ready for sperm preparation on a density gradient.
SDS – View PDF
Product insert (latest version) – View PDF
Leaflet – View PDF
Poster – View PDF
|Mfr. No. PSB-100
||PureSperm Buffer / 100 mL (Not available in Europe)