A three-in-one product.
PureSperm Wash is a three-in-one product. It is optimised for washing the sperm pellet recovered after density gradient preparation, for use in swim-up procedures, for extending the sperm prior to Intra Uterine Insemination(IUI), and as a maintenance medium.
- The shelf-life is as long as 1 year, due to the stable formulation.
- PureSperm Wash does not contain any colouring agents or preservatives, both of which can be toxic to sperm.
- PureSperm Wash is a sterile isotonic salt solution.
- PureSperm Wash is a balanced salt solution containing EDTA and human serum albumin. PureSperm Wash is designed specifically for washing the sperm pellet obtained from a PureSperm density gradient.
- We now offer a balanced salt solution which has been specifically formulated for this purpose. Our customers can choose an integrated approach to sperm preparation, by using products which have been optimized to match each other and fit the specific needs of the sperm.
What is "Swim Up"?
- In vivo, motile sperm quickly migrate from liquefying semen into the cervix, thereby removing themselves from the presences of both seminal plasma and reactive oxygen species arising from cell debris. In the andrology laboratory, this process can be imitated by allowing the sperm to swim into a layer of medium, the so-called “swim-up” method , thereby separating themselves from the remainder of the ejaculate.
- Excellent sperm recovery, motility, and survival.
- PureSperm Wash is an ionically balanced formulation to avoid premature sperm hyperactivation. Sudden pH and osmolarity changes during the movement of sperm from the semen sample to the fertilization medium are minimized. Avoiding premature hyperactivation conserves energy resources, and improves fertilization potential.
Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI)
PureSperm Wash is a HEPES-buffered salt solution which has been formulated specifically to resuspend sperm for intra-uterine insemination. The ionic balance in PureSperm Wash has been designed to ideally meet the requirements of the sperm, while avoiding premature hyperactivation. Sperm survival and fertilizing capacity, and therefore also pregnancy rates, can be improved by avoiding media which cause premature hyperactivation.
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium chloride
- Magnesium sulphate
- Potassium dihydrogen phosphate
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Purified water
- hSA (human Serum Albumin)
- Calcium lactate
- Sodium pyruvate
- pH: 7.3-8.5.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg H2O): 290-300.
- Endotoxin levels: <1.0 EU/mL.
- Sperm survival 18 hours after density gradient separation: >70%.
- Contents are tested by human sperm survival onlY.
- Bottles and stoppers are M.E.A. tested.
PureSperm Wash contains the component human serum albumin (hSA). The hSA is manufactured from human blood donated in the United States. The blood donors are tested for various viruses before being allowed to donate blood for this purpose. Each plasma donation is individually tested for ALT, HBs antigen, HIV-1/2 antibody and HCV antibody by ELISA. Only those plasma donations found non-reactive for these antibodies have been used for the manufacture of the hSA component. The plasma pool is tested once again before manufacture of the hSA product. The final PureSperm Wash product is filter-sterilised.
Storage and Stability
- Store unopened bottles at 2 to 30ºC and avoid temperatures above or below these values. Under these conditions Pure Sperm Wash has a shelf-life of 12 months. The expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
- Open and close bottles under aseptic conditions. After opening, store at 2 to 8ºC when not in use.
- Shelf-life on the product label applies when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added by the manufacturer to PureSperm Wash.
Precautions and Warnings
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- If available, use sealed centrifuge buckets during centrifugation to avoid creation of aerosols.
- PureSperm Wash does not represent any fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer.
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken.
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
|Mfr. No. PSW-100||PureSperm Wash / 100 mL|
|Mfr. No. PSW-020||PureSperm Wash / 2 × 20 mL (Not available in Europe)|
Evolution of the Effects of Different In Vitro Incubation Conditions on Sperm DNA Fragmentation
Forsell et al
Presented at Nordic Fertility Society meeting 2011 in Malmo, Sweden
Platelet-activating factor significantly enhances intrauterine insemination pregnancy rates in non-male factor infertility.
W. Roudebush, A. Toledo, H. Kort, D. Mitchell-Leef, C. Elsner, J. Massey
Fertility and Sterility, Volume 82, Issue 1, Pages 52-56