Open Pulled Straw (OPS) Vitrification Device
Widespread application of vitrification for cryopreservation of oocytes and embryos is one of the most significant achievements in human assisted reproductive technology (ART) during the past decade.
The Open Pulled Straw (OPS) was the first purpose designed tool for ultra-rapid vitrification. Introduced by Professor Gábor Vajta in 1998, OPS is recognized as one of the best high-rate cooling-warming vitrification methods, widely respected for its efficiency, practicality and versatility.
To date , OPS has resulted in:
- The first human baby after oocyte vitrification
- The first cloned animal after embryo cryopreservation
- The first calf after cryopreservation of immature oocytes
- The best survival-developmental rates after cryopreservation of human ES cells.
In collaboration with Professor Vajta, VitaVitro is proud to present the long awaited, complete OPS kit, including straws, media, related tools and technology transfer.
The VitaVitro OPS kit is also the only commercially available vitrification method that offers direct online consultation with the creator of the technique, providing a unique guarantee for efficiency and reliability.
ADVANTAGES OF THE OPS METHOD
Utilises capillary action for simple loading with a defined solution volume.
Protects samples from evaporation and mechanical damage during handling.
Simplifies warming and dilution into a single step and utilizes the mild pressure from the expanding warm air to ensure safe expelling .
The first open vitrification technology confirmed by independent experts to eliminate the danger of cross-contamination during storage by sealing the OPS into a pre-cooled container straw.
Full microscopic control of both loading and expelling means there is zero risk of losing samples.
Highly efficient for human MII-phase oocytes and embryos of different stages of development including early cleavage stages, morulae, and blastocysts*.
Uniquely suited for cryopreservation of biopsied or zona-free embryos due to the protection provided by the straw, the defined solution volume, the lack of adhesion to surfaces and trauma-free loading/ expelling.
The most efficient method for cryopreservation of human embryonic stem cells.
*FDA approved for blastocyst vitrification. In non-US countries for Oocytes, Embryos and/or Blastocysts.
- Bielanski A and Hanniman A. Reprod Fertil Dev 19: 232, 2007
- Reubinoff BE et al. Hum Reprod 16: 2187-94, 2001
- Tecirlioglu RT et al. Reprod Fertil Dev 15: 361-6, 2003
- Vajta G et al. Mol Reprod Dev 51:53-8, 1998
- Vieira AD et al. Cryobiology 45: 91-4, 2002
- Kuleshova LL et al. Cryobiology 43: 21-31, 2001
|Mfr. No. ZG-1.0||
VitaVitro Straw Set (OPS). 5 Straws per box.