Well of the Well (WOW) Culture Dishes
PRECISION CULTURE FOCUS
At the heart of the WOW culture dish concept is a set of conical microwells that provide an ideal microenvironment for embryo development by replicating conditions in the oviduct.
A set of flat-bottomed and conical-bottomed microwells with time- lapse support allows for real-time monitoring and selection of optimal-quality embryos.
IVF WORKFLOW INTEGRATION
Two additional wells can be used for embryo holding/wash prior to transfer or cryopreservation.
A jagged-edge design ensures a firm grip, reducing the risk of drops and spillages.
WITH WOW, NOTHING IS LEFT TO CHANCE
Achieving successful IVF treatment in a single round is always desirable, and sometimes a necessity.
Patient age and health, oocyte quantity and quality, and the cost and timing of the procedure can all impact the likelihood of success of a round of IVF treatment, as well as the feasibility of conducting further attempts.
The quality of embryos at the point of implantation is the single biggest contributor in successful IVF pregnancies.
The Well-of-the-Well system maximizes the opportunity to produce high-quality embryos in vitro.
It also minimizes the risk of human error, catering to the needs of clinical staff transferring embryos and culture dishes around the laboratory.
VitaVitro’s WoW takes no chances when it comes to the requirements of individual patients, embryos, and clinical staff members in the IVF process.
CATER FOR EVERY EMBRYO WITH FLEXIBLE WORKFLOWS
No two patients or embryos are alike.
WOW is designed with flexibility of application in mind, with 16 microwells optimized for embryo development, 16+25 microwells optimized for time-lapse compatibility, and two additional wells for equilibration and wash.
This gives clinics the choice between two (or both) types of microwells within a workflow, maximizing the chances of IVF success.
Precision culture - Culture embryos for the full six- day period in the conical wells to benefit from a range of advantages that come with replicating the in vivo microenvironment.
Combination - Culture embryos in the flat wells for 24 hours; monitor and select healthy embryos for continued culture in the conical wells and later transplantation to reduce embryo waste.
Time-lapse - Culture embryos for the full six days in the flat microwells if end-to-end monitoring and recording is needed.
WOW’S OPTIMIZED APPROACH TO IN VITRO CULTURE
Uninterrupted culture in WOW’s conical wells using the correct medium and procedure brings a range of benefits including autocrine and paracrine factors, reduced apoptosis and O2 consumption, and more.
This is shown to ensure:
Improved chances of gamete development to blastocyst stage by day six of culture
Successful pregnancies using oocytes with missing or damaged zona pellucida.
Successful births after IVF treatment even for patients with a history of failed IVF attempts.
- Vajta G, Peura TT, Holm P, Páldi A, Greve T, Trounson AO, et al. New method for culture of zona-included or zona-free embryos: The Well of the Well (WOW) system. Mol Reprod Dev. 2000;55:256–64.
- Vajta G, Kőrösi T, Du Y, Nakata K, Ieda S, Kuwayama M, et al. The Well-of-the-Well system: an efficient approach to improve embryo development. Reprod Biomed Online. 2008;17:73–81.
- Ieda S, Akai T, Sakaguchi Y, Shimamura S, Sugawara A, Kaneda M, et al. A microwell culture system that allows group culture and is compatible with human single media. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2018;35:1869–80.
- Ikeda S, Sugimoto M, Kume S. Lipofection of siRNA into bovine 8-16-cell stage embryos using zona removal and the well-of-the-well culture system. J Reprod Dev. 2018;64:199–202.
- Kelley RL, Gardner DK. In vitro culture of individual mouse preimplantation embryos: the role of embryo density, microwells, oxygen, timing and conditioned media. Reprod Biomed Online. 2017;34:441–54.
Matsuura K. Numerical calculations for diffusion effects in the well-of-the-well culture system for mammalian embryos. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2014;26:742–51.
|Mfr. No. V005001||Well of the Well (WOW) Culture Dishes. Pack of 5|