INVOcell Intravaginal Culture (IVC) by INVO Bioscience
INVOcell is an Intravaginal Culture (IVC) system used for preparing, holding, and transferring human gametes or embryos during vaginal In Vitro Fertilization or Intravaginal Culture procedures (IVF/IVC). Doctors currently using the INVOcell are experiencing efficacy rates equal to or better than their traditional offerings. The efficacy rates are 3-4 times better than IUI.
The INVOcell system consists of the following components:
The INVOcell Culture Device is used in preparing, holding, and transferring human gametes or embryos during In Vitro Fertilization/Intravaginal Culture (IVF/IVC) and Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection Fertilization/Intravaginal Culture (ICSI/IVC) procedures. The INVOcell Culture Device is positioned in the INVOcell Retention Device prior to placement in the patient’s vaginal cavity.
The INVOcell Retention Device is used in conjunction with the INVOcell Culture Device to aid in retention of the INVOcell Device in the vaginal cavity during the incubation period. The INVOcell Culture Device is positioned in the INVOcell Retention Device prior to placement in the patient’s vaginal cavity.
The INVOcell Holding Block is used with the INVOcell Culture Device to aid in temperature maintenance of the INVOcell Culture Device during loading and collection procedures and to aid in positioning and observation of the INVOcell Culture Device during human gamete/embryo loading and collection procedures.
With the INVO Procedure, the temperature, and gas concentration and physiological pH stays stable throughout the incubation period. There is no interference in the vaginal incubation environment which occurs in incubators due to the opening and closing of the incubator doors as well as the cycling of the temperature (thermostat). The INVOcell Culture Device uses the body as a natural incubator making it possible for the INVOcell device to maintain proper pH of the culture medium using the human body temperature and gas concentration throughout the incubation period. The pH testing successfully demonstrated a stable pH environment of 7.36 to 7.50. The use of the INVOcell Culture Device in the vaginal cavity is a more stable environment than an incubator for temperature and gas stability during fertilization and early development of embryos.
Here are some things you should know about the INVOcell Device and the INVO Procedure.
The INVO Solution:
- Allows women to incubate their own gametes, providing a psychological benefit while reducing the risk of wrong embryo transfer
- Uses Mild Stimulation protocols and decreases the number of oocytes required, which may:
- Reduce the risk of severe ovarian hyperstimulation (OHSS)
- Reduce the risk of multiple births
- Reduce the need for embryo cryopreservation and storage
- Reduce the number of patient visits
- Reduce the cost
- Expands new patient base in IVF centers by offering an alternative affordable treatment to those who cannot afford the traditional method or would prefer for a more natural, cultural, or religious appropriate choice
- Is a lower cost option, as INVO:
- Can be performed outside an IVF center significantly reducing overhead
- Reduces the use of carbon dioxide incubators and backup systems
- Expands access to a larger geographical area, reducing or eliminating travel and providing substantial cost savings to patients
- Reduces equipment required in an OB/GYN’s office in the US